Configure Image Capture Manually
In Apple OS X, the Image Capture utility controls what happens when you plug a card reader into your Mac. In older versions of OS X Photo Mechanic could configure this for you. However, with newer versions of OS X, this must be configured manually. Here's how:
- Make sure you have a card/card reader plugged in and mounted. (If you can see the card in OS X Finder, then it's mounted.)
- Open the Image Capture utility. (A fast way to do this is to do a Spotlight search for Image Capture)
- Select the memory card in the upper left corner.
- In the lower right there is a menu to specify what happens when the device is plugged in. If the menu is hidden, click the small arrow to display it.
- Choose "Other.." and navigate to Photo Mechanic and select it
You're done and can close the utility.